Urticaria is also known as Hives and Nettle Rash. It is an allergic disorder that resembles the rashes that are caused when touching a nettle plant. Identifying the exact cause of the allergy might be a challenge since this allergic reaction can be caused due to a variety of reasons.
Urticaria can be triggered by:
- Certain foods.
- Insect bites and stings.
- Contact with an irritant, such as nettles, chemicals or latex.
- Certain medications – such as NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), used to treat pain, ACE inhibitors, used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Extremes of temperatures.
- Water on the skin.
The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in treating urticaria has been proven to be very high. Some of these homeopathic solutions are discussed below:
1. Natrum Mur: One of the frequently used medicines for urticaria, this medicine is prepared using common salt. It is used in cases where the eruptions are triggered by exposure to the sun thereby resulting in intense itching. The skin has an oily or greasy feel. Most likely locations of occurrence include margins of hair or bends of joints.
2. Apis Mellifica: This medication is described as one of the best solutions to urticaria. The characterising symptoms of this medication is eruptions accompanied by burning and stinging. It is similar to the sting of a bee where there is redness and swelling. Exposure to heat in any form is intolerable as the eruption aggravates. The slightest of touches can cause burning or itching.
3. Astacus Fluviatilis: This is an effective medication that can be used to treat both acute and chronic forms of urticaria. Rashes are visible on the entire body and there is an increased sensitiveness to air while uncovering causes further aggravation of the eruption. It is recommended for liver diseases and liver-related symptoms that are accompanied by urticaria.
4. Dulcamara: This is a medication that is usually prescribed for Urticaria caused due to cold air or wet weather or dampness. Consumption of sour food or indefinite diet can cause the eruptions. Even though the skin is often dry, there is redness and itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.